Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Records Are Coming! The Records Are Coming!!


As we do construction on the store to get it ready for business, my home has turned into vinyl heaven.  Orders are starting to flow in from labels like SubPop, Matador, XL, Anticon, In The Red, Touch and Go, and 4AD.  With over 2,000 records on order, my living room is beginning to resemble some sort of maze rather than a place to kick back and watch a Lakers game.


I invited Stentz, Foye, Ben, Heather, and Meredith to help me check in the stock and write cool little blurbs about each record.  yep, I said it, EACH record.  We've always loved it when we go into record shops and see little write-ups on records but always wished there was more coverage.  So we decided that we should go ahead and have something for our entire inventory in hopes to introduce and inform our customers what exactly it might be that they are looking at.



Here is an example of one that we wrote:
The Breeders - Mountain Battles
"Words cannot describe the glee I felt when I heard the Breeders were releasing a new album. "Mountain Battles" captures the essence of the album I fell in love with as a teenager (Last Splash) yet adds subtle layers of groovy, atmospheric, timeless structure that manages to break new ground"

It was definitely a full day and we probably only got through 100 titles.  But the flowing supply of Tecate (which should sponsor us considering how much of it we drink to keep the spirits high and the motivation rolling) and yummy pizzas from Two Boots made the time fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment