OH NO!!! The slathering, sales hungry hordes have risen from their carb-induced comas and are wandering the streets looking for "deals" to sink their teeth into...
Everyone knows this is the largest shopping day of the year. But I'm pretty sure that means people in the suburbs hit the malls, because last year it was just a normal day for us and the other shops in our hood. Well that may all change for us this year due to our good friends who put together Record Store Day. They are working with labels to release some very cool and limited vinyl goods today, the blackest of Fridays. They got really creative with the name of the day too! They are calling it Black Friday! man those guys...
So here is the shiz that you can find here:
- Badly Drawn Boy "It's What I'm Thinking"
- Cage The Elephant "Shake Me Down" 7"
- Cee Lo Green "Fuck You" 12"
- Dr. Dog "Double" 7"
- Drive By Truckers "The Thanksgiving Filter" 7"
- Grinderman "Heathen Child" 12"
- Iron and Wine "Walking Far From Home" 12"
- Pantera "Cowboys From Hell: The Demos" 180 gram LP
- Soundgarden "Telephantasm" 7"
- The Black Keys – Brothers (45 rpm/180 gram Deluxe Edition)
- The Black Keys "Brothers Double" 12" with bonus 10"
- The Doors "The Doors" 180 gram reissue LP
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Nowhere/Surrender" 7"
- U2"Wide Awake In Europe" 12"
Also tonight, Origami Vinyl presents:
BLACK FRIDAY @ SPACELAND
THE BIXBY KNOLLS
DJ sets by Christopher Roman
21+ / DOORS @ 8:30PM / MUSIC STARTS AT 9:30
$8 ENTRY OR $5 W/ A CANNED FOOD OR CLOTHING DONATION TO LOS ANGELES MISSION
The Little Frenchie food truck will be on the scene and the upstairs lounge will be turned into a game room featuring Nintendo, board games, and of course Spaceland's beloved pool table. If you're in town for the Thanksgiving Holiday please join us at your local home away from home, Spaceland.