Starting tonight and continuing every Tuesday hereafter, Origami Vinyl will host Record Club at El Prado in Echo Park. Record Club started as an intimate gathering of friends at their humble abodes in Echo Park and Silverlake, where each person invited (generally around 8) would bring 2 songs to play for everyone. The night would conclude with the host making a mix of all the songs played and handing them out to the participants. We all found it to be such a rewarding experience of new music and social interaction that we wanted to bring it out into the public. The new format is a bit different but just as rewarding and is as follows:
- Each Tuesday, we invite 8 people to sign up to participate in Record Club...It's first come, first serve so get there early!!
- Record Club begins at 9pm roughly and ends around 1am.
- Each person will have a full side of their record played. A side or B side is fine...your choice!
- We like to tweet each contribution and hopefully get a little insight into why people brought each particular record.
- Each participant is rewarded a free beer on us for taking part.
If you would like to participate in future record clubs, please come tonight and we will put you on our list, or visit us at the shop.
Here are the details for Record Club
Origami Vinyl hosts Record Club
Every Tuesday night at 9pm to 1am
@ El Prado 1805 W. Sunset Blvd in Echo Park across the street from Origami Vinyl
Hope to see you tonight!