Friday, June 7, 2013

TONIGHT: My Goodness In-Store @ 7PM!



It's Friday night, and boy do we have the perfect way for you to kick off your summer weekend, because we have My Goodness performing in our loft tonight!

My Goodness is a Seattle-based duo of Joel Schneider (guitar and vocals) and Andy Lum (drums) that cranks out dirty blues-rock that SPIN magazine calls "a stripped-down, fuzz-toned racket that harkens back to screaming Seattle bands of the 1960s like the Sonics and the Wailers." The two met while they were playing in rival bands during a high school battle of the bands event, but the two didn’t connect until years later at SXSW in 2012. These boys are currently finishing up their sophomore album which will be released later this year, so get excited for more tunes from My Goodness!

I had the great fortune of stumbling upon these dudes as they absolutely killed it at Bumbershoot music festival in Seattle a couple years back.  Singer/guitarist Joel Schneider's fuzzy guitar and wailing vocals combined with Andy Lum's loud drums left their tunes ringing in my ears (in the best way possible) long after they finished playing. Trust me, this is an in-store you do not want to miss. For a taste of what's in store for you tonight, check out this video for their single "Cold Feet Killer" and grab a copy of their 7" tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment