Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Parson Red Heads tour blog

Hey Origamites!

Sam here. In addition to working for this fine store, I play in a local band called The Parson Red Heads. Here is a somewhat silly picture of us:

Tomorrow we go not-so-local...we are leaving to tour the east coast for two weeks! I've been invited to keep a tour blog on ye ole Origami blog, in order that I may keep in touch with my friends and neighborhood, and to share any interesting stories that may transpire out on the road of rock and roll.

Well, more folk, actually. This tour's a three-piece edition of the Parsons- I'm playing guitar and singing, so is Evan, and Evan's wife and drummer extraordinaire Brette is playing percussion and adding harmonies. It's quite a different sound than the normal show, but I am happy we get to tour this way because I think this line-up really warrants its own showcasing. The harmonies are really brought to the fore and we get to show a softer side of the music and still have a lot of (quieter) fun. And away we go!

Our send off show was last night. We had the privilege of opening for Robyn Hitchcock and the Venus 3 at Spaceland! His bandmates were stellar players and great human beings (including Peter Buck on guitar!). I even jumped onstage with them, Gillian Welch and David Rawlings for the Soft Boys classic "I Wanna Destroy You" and played tambourine! What a moment!

Tomorrow we are flying to Newark and beginning the official adventure. Please wish us safe travels, and I will type to you soon.

Take care, give care,

Sam

www.myspace.com/redheads

No comments:

Post a Comment